I’m Carolyn Herfurth and I’m a fierce lovin’, truth-speaking, high-fiving, to-the-point, no-BS, business-building force of nature.
*As long as there are no spiders.
But I do it with a hell of a lot of passion—that, I promise.
Maybe it’s my Midwestern sensibilities searing through my hard-won New York City livin’ stripes (I’m officially the friendliest person in all of Manhattan — unless you walk four across on a sidewalk, because that’s just wrong.)
Or maybe it’s because I’ve been in business for myself for over half of my adult life, and remember what it’s like when you’re lost, and confused, and could really use some smart, sisterly guidance. (Like, hey, how come nobody told me ________.) (Which is absolutely true and there is PLENTY more where that came from.)
Or maybe it’s because I’ve spent the last 15 years working closely with small businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs of all kinds, playing a hand in the launch and growth of over 100 businesses and having a thorough understanding of what it really takes to be successful in a modern-day sales environment. (Hint: it isn’t pulling a bunch of manipulative sales tactics out of your hat to guilt people into buying things they’ll later regret — WHICH IS SUCH A RELIEF, AM I RIGHT?)
Or maybe it’s because I bring along a collection of professional experience as wide as my smile — from my time as a sales manager for Oracle, my background as a franchise owner (and creator of a massive franchise expo) and as a published author.
The cool truth is…
I’m honored and privileged to have helped a lot of women make money with their business ideas — both those who are just beginning to secure their spot in the marketplace (and OMG, it’s kinda hard!), and more seasoned entrepreneurs who are ready to realign and uplevel. And while smart business is what makes me tick, I also happen to be wildly human (imagine that?) and if you bring the cheese plate, I’ll bring the wine.
*Note to All Future Clients: This absolutely applies to Zoom (cheers!).
A few fun facts my current clients enjoy razzing me about:
- Belly laughs are an occupational hazard when you work with me. I wouldn’t claim to be the next Amy Schumer, but let’s just say if I had to pick another career……okay fine, I’m not picking another career. But true story, once upon a time, I dabbled in stand-up comedy, but decided to pursue business instead.
- I’m sorta kinda obsessed with my Upper West Side brownstone. Mostly because it came into my life with the serendipity of a soulmate, making this non-woo-woo girl use words like “manifest” and “law of attraction.”
- However, this gives me great excuses to throw what I call BAMs: Bistro After Midnight. In case you’re wondering, these do take place as late at night as it sounds, and if you were walking by you’d totally be invited. By which I mean, my friends and I literally set up a table in the fire hydrant space on the street, and offer wine to passing neighbors right there in the streets of New York.
- My nickname is “Garden Party.” Because when I’m not throwing BAMs in the street, I’m throwing one on my rare urban patio. But the nickname doesn’t actually come from that: It’s the light-hearted spirit that I bring to any situation. (At least, that’s what my friends tell me.)
- I once danced on stage at the Sydney Opera House. I’ll save that story for when we talk in person.
- And, more than anything, I’m a sucker for a great sense of humor, anyone who can laugh at themselves and folks who understand the value of fun. Because business itself isn’t always a fun topic, but that’s precisely where one of my super powers lies: When you can make something fun, you can make anything great.
Hit me up to play, by hitting play on the video below…
If you’ve made it here, I’m counting on the fact that there’s a reason.
Maybe you’re building a business that’s all business, and no pleasure. Maybe business is good, great even — and you’re ready for your next big thing (hello, reinvention!) Maybe you’ve found yourself doing things that don’t necessarily feel true to you, anymore. Maybe all the zest and passion you once had have left the building — and you need to figure out what the missing piece is.
I’m ready to rally with you, Sister.
Too often, we let not knowing be the reason why we slowly slip into static complacency (or worse, surrender to failure).
But there are people like me whose job (and joy) it is to help people like you.
The only thing stopping you from skyrocketing to success? Is gravity.
Tell me, what can I do to help you ante the hell UP?