If you’ve been in business for a while, looking back on your early days can feel a lot like looking at your middle school dance photos: embarrassing. For Rachael, the problem wasn’t big hair and braces — it was two little words. Two words that her clients tried to use to take advantage of her. Two words that felt more and more like a performance.
“The first layer of bullshit I had to burn was this performance of wearing my heart on my sleeve.”
Rachael Kay Albers (aka RKA) has helped hundreds of thought leaders and visionary entrepreneurs all over the world. Her clients have best selling books, 5-star podcasts, and 6-figure funnels. She’s brilliant. She’s funny. She’s a marketer who hates marketing. And she is, I’ve decided, my best friend.
Rachael is the founder and creative director of RKA Ink, and the comedic genius behind the business comedy show Awkward Marketing. (If you haven’t already seen her videos, hold onto your hairnet and get ready to laugh your ass off.)
Last year, Rachael and I got to know each other pret-ty well over a few glasses (by which I maybe, maybe mean bottles) of wine. And when I found out her BS? I knew I had to have her on the show.
In this conversation you’ll learn:
- The first layer of bullshit Rachael had to burn
- Two words that her clients tried to use to take advantage of her. Two words that felt more and more like a performance.
- The messaging she built her business around that was kind of like your dress from those middle school dances. It just didn’t fit anymore.
- The day she woke up and realized, “I’ve been doing this for a while and I have things to SAY now.”
- What you can’t skip on your journey.
And that’s just the beginning, so pop in your earbuds and hit “play,” because the BS won’t burn itself. You’re going to hear all about Rachael’s journey, her advice, her thoughts on thought leadership, and how it all ties back to Marie Forleo (and aaaaaall the people who want to be Marie Forleo).
Subscribe to Burn The Bullsh*t