Last week I talked about the saying “confidence breeds success” and asked if it’s really “success that breeds confidence…which breeds more success”.
Today I’m coming at it from another angle and that is how “preparation breeds confidence…which breeds success”.
In my first business I had the good fortune of launching nearly 100 businesses which created a very comfortable income and lifestyle.
I was extremely confident in what I could do for my clients… which brought me success.
But I didn’t start out confident. In some areas, I felt overwhelmed and unclear and quite frankly, lost.
That success…and that confidence came from getting the help from a team of amazing coaches and mentors who helped me get my ducks in a row and ultimately build my confidence, one prospect at a time.
In short, it required a LOT of preparation.
- What are you doing to build your success and ultimately, your confidence?
- What steps do you take to prepare yourself for success?
- Who’s in your line-up of mentors and coaches?
- What are you doing to prove to yourself that you are taking your business seriously?
The measuring stick of success in business is sales. If you don’t have sales, you don’t have clients. If you don’t have clients, you’re not doing your “thing” and changing people’s lives for the better.
So start with the necessary sales preparation:
- Define exactly who your ideal client is.
- Get clear on how to articulate your value in your ideal prospect’s terms.
- And establish a line of questioning that helps you guide your sales conversations so that you feel confident enough to make sales calls… so you enjoy success.
If you’re not sure where to start your preparation as it relates to sales, apply for a private sales confidence strategy session with me by going to: http://thebiztruth.com/strategy
Let’s explore what your biggest challenge is with sales and what you can do to have a confidence breakthrough.