An incomplete, un-alphabetized and entirely irreverent Wikibro* about Bro’ business behavior.
plural Bros /brōhz/
also known as “bruh” /brə/
1. a person of any gender identification whose primary motivation is to yield the most money from the most people in the shortest amount of time possible
2. brags about Teslas, Rolls Royces, exotic vacations, *list* size and 7-figure launches
3. can be found in “secret hideaways” masterminding with other bros
4. regularly references the “red pill / blue pill” plot point from The Matrix movie in their sales and marketing
Hey, Bro’. I’ll see you at the 20-figure MasterMind meeting in Bora Bora next week, right?
1. masculine approach to marketing that manipulates human psychological triggers to compel a desired action (usually a purchase)
2. uses false scarcity, short deadlines, overinflated promises, complicated funnels, blueprints and constant cycle of launches
3. created by men for men, but also used by women who disguise their Bro’ Marketing tactics with feminine touches such as pink “flat lay” images and glittery, metallic flourishes
4. so pervasive it’s widely thought of as “marketing”
Her audience felt disconnected from her bro’ marketing campaign so it totally bombed.
1. when you’ve been a target of Bro’ Marketing tactics
I got bro’d by that douchebag AGAIN! When will I ever learn?!
1. any behavior or offer that feels manipulative
2. heavy use of persuasion, influence and manipulation
Ewwww. That’s an overdose of bro-y moves. Your people won’t like that. 👆🏼
1. a tactless, awkward, uncool move made by a Bro’ in a business situation
Can you believe he said, “Bros before hos” three times? That’s one braux pas after another!
/brō ˈman sing/
1. the backslapping, high-fiving and adulation that Bros shower upon one other in order to secure affiliates for their own upcoming launches
Bro! Way to crush your launch. Your list is up to 350k? Hey, I’ve got a launch coming up… let’s take a ride in my Tesla and talk about you making some more money.
1. the cringe-worthy way Bros pitch their products and services
2. when done online, the pitch includes selfies riding a camel, videos shot in their self-driving Tesla and/or walking on a runway toward a private jet (hair whipping in the wind)
Can you believe his bro’pproach to pitching his book? He pulled down his pants and ran into a public fountain! (Yes, I’ve seen this done!!)
1. Single-line, single-paragraph elongated self-help posts that look like poems (aka Broems, obvi)
2. Go-to social media post format for marketing Bro’s designed to suck readers in with semi-inspirational grabbers
The Braggy Bro’
One of my F A V O R I T E marketers, Rachael Kay Albers shows us a Bro’ Marketer in one of her Awkward Marketing videos below…
* Send us your Bro’ references, examples and definitions by clicking over here.
Resources and References
- Why So Many Women Entrepreneurs Are Struggling, And What We Need To Do About It
- What Happens When You Burn Your Business Bra, Throw Blueprints Out The Window And Finally Learn To Trust Yourself
- Marketing Doesn’t Work For Women Like Us
- Launches Are Sooooooooooooo 2015
- Defying The “Proven Recipe” When Your Bacon Is On The Line
- Flashback To A BIG Important Lesson
- “Please just tell me what to do to be successful.”
- UnBlueprint Manifesto
- Are You Making The Mistake Of Using Bro Marketing Tactics in Your B2B Consulting Business? by Martin J. Williams